Sponsor a Book for our Teen Literacy Campaign
TREE OF KNOWLEDGE TEEN LITERACY CAMPAIGN
Literacy leads to brighter futures and everyone deserves that opportunity. Tree of Knowledge Bookstore would like to increase teen literacy and need your help
- 60 % of teens in the U.S. do not read at grade level.
- 70% of inmates in American prisons cannot read above a 4th-grade level.
- 43% of adults with low literacy live in poverty.
- Everyday 3000 students with low literacy drop out of school.
- In middle-income neighborhoods, the ratio of age-appropriate books to children is 13 to 1 while in low-income neighborhoods, the ratio is 1 to every 300 children.